Just dropping on to my much neglected website to shout about the brilliance of the #WriteMentor program. Check out this website to find out more https://write-mentor.com/about/
I am a Spark mentor working with my brilliant regular monthly mentees and also a mentor on the Summer program. I LOVE to edit both my own work and others. First drafts are my nemesis!
My Manuscript wish-list for those considering submitting to me this year:
My tastes are very eclectic!
Basically try me for any upper MG, teen or YA that isn’t heavily issue based. I love unique strong characters, family dynamics, unusual takes on old tropes.
In particular I’d love to work on:
- A ghost story, gothic, supernatural, atmospheric
- Anything speculative – from sci-fi to dystopia
- Diverse characters in books that aren’t about diversity
- STEM/ecological themes are definitely my thing
- A quirky story that doesn’t fit in one genre
- Mystery and adventure in historical settings
- A fresh take on fantasy
- Interesting twists on fairy tale retellings
I hope some of you reading this will have just the thing!
Can’t wait to read my submissions,